Random Other NBA Teams Discussion

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by LTLakerFan, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Zoyd Wheeler

Zoyd Wheeler - Rookie -

Fer crissakes: Yea, the Knicks are/were tired/hobbled, but IND just torched them from the start in The Garden in Game 7.

I was looking for a barn-burner and instead, 6 minutes into the game I realized it was some kid with his dad's blowtorch burning ants on an anthill. Brunson breaks his hand: a symbol? Anyway: DiVincenzo stepped up with 9 3s: 'cuz Myles would block or hinder anything near the paint, but hey: when the visiting team shoots 67% for the entire effing game: it just wasn't meant to be, Spike.

IND started out 10 for 12 and it would've been 11 for 12 but Myles's dunk attempt went south. It was carnage!

MSG was crammed with screaming fans and the Pacers just came out, looked at the crowd, said, O this is the way it's gonna be? and went on to ruin 20,000 afternoons in NY. I have been unable to confirm the rumor that a MASH unit was set up between the Knicks bench and locker room. But one witness in this reporter's mind said, "Bodies everywhere. It looked like Iwo Jima, Sarge."

Tom Thibodeau was asked if he knew that human bodies break down when over-used and he said, "No comment." (<----another quote I made up to add "color.")

IND won the 1st Q by 12: 39-27. They won every quarter. With the first quarter's 39 - an NBA playoff record? - the Pacers were...on pace...to score 160, but fell short and "only" put up 130. Probably all the laughing took the edge off.

Someone dissed Halliburton a week or so ago here: it was a mistake then and it's a mistake now: 6 for 12 from 3, 26/4/6 with a steal and block.

Tyrese Halliburton:
    Overrated
    Not Overrated X

IND maybe gets 2 vs the Damned C-Bags. Probably one.

Last edited: May 21, 2024
    abeer3 likes this.
  2. KuzmoBall17

KuzmoBall17 - Lakers Starter -

Indiana will eliminate C Bags.They were3-1 in regular season before Siakam trade ,they beat them IST and Porzingis is injured

abeer3 and Zoyd Wheeler like this.
  3. Zoyd Wheeler

Zoyd Wheeler - Rookie -

I hope you're right. I'm not sure Zingis's injury slows the Bags down all that much, though. One thing: BOS has to keep IND from running, gotta get back, and it will take some energy.

I'm tempted to ask, "What're ya smoking?" 'Cuz I definitely will try some of that. (No diss: I'm a huge stoner.)

Let's put a pin in this post and see how it looks in 2 weeks, okay?

abeer3 likes this.
  4. KuzmoBall17

I don't smoke and only drink occasionally lol:rofl:

abeer3 likes this.
  5. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Quite the game 7 for Minny Denver

abeer3 likes this.
  6. 52years

52years - Rookie -

Cleveland should really try to get BI out of NO.Garland’s contract matches perfectly

abeer3 likes this.
  7. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

don't like the fit for NO. with mccollum as the sg, you can't have another non-defender at pg (as we know very well).

still think NO should try to trade ingram for dejounte. add a couple picks. i think both teams go for it.

i don't like it because i want dejounte in la, though.

Zoyd Wheeler, 52years and JSM like this.
  8. 52years

52years - Rookie -

Probably right.The problem with our two guys is that they are both slow of foot which makes it difficult for them to stay in front of their man and to rotate out because they don’t have the foot speed

9. Bryant

Bryant - Lakers 6th Man -

I don't see the fascination with Garland. He's like an overpaid D'Angelo.

10. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

Ain't nothin' like shutting up Mr. 1.5 ppg in 1 game Stephen A. Smith!

LTLakerFan likes this.
  11. pika1708

pika1708 - Lakers Starter -

What a game 7. Minny we're down by 20. KAT defended Jokic so well. They win the game because of Reid. He came up huge when KAT and Gobert were in foul trouble. You gotta have 2 big men always against Joker, so you need at least 3 rotation players. Like we had in the bubble. Most stupid s*** the way we went away from that, can't understand it

Zoyd Wheeler and sirronstuff like this.
  12. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

He's him. Hopefully he continues in the footsteps of the other two and finds his way to LA.

13. Zoyd Wheeler

Zoyd Wheeler - Rookie -

Game 7 in DEN legit shocked me. I had just seen Knicks fold at home in Game 7, decimated with injuries.

Here's DEN, just got waxed by 45, back home, up by 15 at the half, Ant not on his game, DEN up 20 2 mins into the 3rd. Damn: another crappy game. One team shows, the other shrinks. At the point when Murray hit a corner 3 to put them up 20 in the 3rd MIN had scored a grand total of 38 points. They came to Game 7 - where they won Games 1 and 2 - and laid an egg! It's a choke-job! I really thought it was over. I wanted to see a 15 round blow-by-blow thing. Ain't gonna happen, apparently.

I thought, okay this was another letdown, but if MIN can cut it to 10 before the 4th...DEN goes up 59-43 with 8:49 left in the 3rd. They didn't score a point for the next 4 mins and 9 seconds. MIN had cut it to 8. Whaaa? Is this a dagger I see before me? Is MIN about to plunge it into DEN's chest? Body language suggested: yes.

At this point the home team usually steps on it and punches it back up to 15. But they didn't. MIN swarmed and double-teamed at the 8 sec line, stole the ball, went in for dunks. It was insane the change in complexion of the game, and MIN's D was everything. Somehow DEN - mostly around The Joker - staunched what looked like a mortal bleeding wound the Wolves had inflicted. Nugs still led by 1 going into the 4th, but they had to realize: we were up 20 10 minutes ago and got punched in the mouth numerous times. As Joker said, MIN was built to beat them.

MP Jr never really showed up for DEN: 34 mins: 7/9/0 on 3 for 12 shooting. Jamaal and Joker scored 69 together. Their bench had 5 (FIVE), all by Braun. KCP played 40 mins and had 5 points. They had to be gassed in the 4th. DEN fell down by 5. But Rudy and KAT were both in foul trouble. Rudy fouls out, KAT comes back in with 5 fouls and they just stepped on DEN's neck. When they went up 10 I thought, "I don't think I've ever seen this." Meaning: a road team down 20 in the 2nd half, goes up 10 in a Game 7. I mean: shocked. As a fan, I was legit shocked at the quick turn of events.

And Ant was 6 for 24: a terrible game from him. On paper. He did everything else a superstar does for his team when he's having a bad game. It was a total team effort on the T-Wolves's part. Man alive!

MIN outscored then 32-23 in the 4th and DEN is no more.

I watched Malone's postgame. I enjoyed it.

I watched Nikola Jokic's postgame. Someone asked him how much it hurt because a lot of people still think they're the better team and Joker just laffed and said he doesn't think like that: the better team wins, by definition.

Wino, abeer3 and LTLakerFan like this.
  14. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

fake russian

Kenzo and LTLakerFan like this.
  15. Juronimo

Juronimo - Lakers Starter -

plays with one's and zero's
    More douchery from an evil empire minion

Wheelchair P is a douche

And some of yall wonder why some of us hate that team so much. SMH

JSM likes this.
  16. Zoyd Wheeler

Zoyd Wheeler - Rookie -

Just thinking about the overhead gawky 3-point "set shot" that Jokic hits on everybody, especially the Lakers, and how that shot just makes you feel deflated as a Laker fan. And Murray's corner buzzer-beater this year on us. Our whole lives as hardcore fans there are shots in big games that you know will just stick with you forever. Partly due to the style of the shot, but mostly the context and circumstances.

That Gobert turnaround from 13 feet out that swished with around 8 mins left in Game 7: look at Jokic's reaction: it's the same as ours when the Lakers mounted a comeback late and played good D, only to have him beat the buzzer with an overhead 3 that swishes. T-Wolves up by 4. And counting. Holy jit that was a stunning comeback...

These are shots that increase panic and desperation in the team struggling, and make the shooter's team feel elated. The Gobert (of all people!) shot is one of those shots.

SamsonMiodek and abeer3 like this.
  17. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

made the exact same connection yesterday. maybe it's because we're psychologists.

Zoyd Wheeler likes this.
  18. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Philly fans be like.....

:Laugh::Laugh::Laugh:

LTLakerFan and Zoyd Wheeler like this.
  19. Zoyd Wheeler

Zoyd Wheeler - Rookie -

My earliest memory of a shot that made my jaw drop and roll around on the floor, settle in the corner behind the couch. I was in elementary school and did not see this, but heard Chick Hearn call it on the radio: Game 3 of the 1969-70 Finals. If they had the 3, Lakers win, but it was only a 2 to force OT, in which the Lakers lost the game. Debusschere's shot broke my heart, then immediately Mr. Clutch tied it: Knicks won it all that year: Willis Reed, Walt Frazier, d*** Barnett, Bill Bradley, Dave Debusschere. Phil Jackson came off the bench.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  20. KuzmoBall17

C Bags are new Golden States
    Without Porzingis it's all they do .
    They already had like 35 3's and it's still only beginning of 4 quarter
    And BTW FT 23-2 for C Bags.
    Can you imagine if Lakers were playing

Last edited: May 21, 2024
    Zoyd Wheeler likes this.