Lakers VS Slippers Discussion

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by SFGOLDRUSHER, Jul 10, 2019.

1. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

yeah, the questions is whether any other teams will run up the prices on PG and harden. i really hope so.

LakerFanIam, TIME, Bryant and 4 others like this.
  2. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

i think philly is going to push hard for PG. harden's probably not going anywhere

3. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Words can’t describe the beauty and perfection of the situation. How many lbs will Beard weigh coming into the start of the season to play himself into shape the first 20 games and how much load management could a Snake do if a Snake could still manage his load?

Anyone ever wonder if the great Jerry West signed off on the SGA and 7 1st round picks for Playoff P trade?

And I know it’s her and his off season BUT any chance at all at getting some Clippers Doom whenever @Cookie or/and @The Showtime Mamba please please please?

TIME, Cookie and abeer3 like this.
  4. Bryant

Bryant - Lakers 6th Man -

I think the sticking point for not so Playoff P is that he wants a 4 year max deal. Mr. Sweat will probably pay that so that he doesn't bring a bad team to his new arena. Will anyone else really offer this guy basically $200 million? Guy looks more interested in his podcast, taking bad shots, being inconsistent now.

The lesson from the story of the former tenants is not capitalizing on opportunities. Post KD warriors, there's only so many times a team is going up there to win something. 2020 was also their year and they blew it, while we seized it.

No one can win with a $50 million dollar player being injured and taking so much of cap.

abeer3 likes this.
  5. FrontOfJersey22

FrontOfJersey22 - Lakers All Star -

Really dodged a bullet with the real Man of Glass.

Cookie, DeeZee, Kenzo and 2 others like this.
  6. Juronimo

Juronimo - Lakers Starter -

plays with one's and zero's
    Hate to be that guy but there is no evidence that Albert Einstein ever said that.

Kenzo, ZenMaster and abeer3 like this.
  7. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

Still, that is a true statement. Couldn't have happened to a better franchise as well...

8. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

i remember this being reported around the time the season started (by the same athletic reporter) but it got completely buried in favor of the "russ is willing to embrace his 6th man role" storyline instead. that ballmer $$$ sure does work wonders when it comes to the media. had to make sure to keep the "lakers ruined russ" thing alive

Cookie, Kenzo, JSM and 1 other person like this.
  9. puffyusaf#2

puffyusaf#2 - Lakers Starter -

Author of "Just a Thought"
    Man we dodged a bullet with Kawhi. Dude barely plays and the paperclips have done nothing more than gone fishing since he shunned us. So.... Thanks Magic for your big mouth.

Oh.. and Playoff P too

10. LTLakerFan

Russ on instagram denies he has any problem with his role.

“LA Clippers guard Russell Westbrook released a statement on his Instagram story Saturday night that addressed recent reporting about him, and also included his thoughts on this season after an early playoff exit.

"I am often the topic of conversation by so many 'sources' and sports news outlets. I felt inclined to share my actual thoughts and words following this season," Westbrook began. "Understand that anything you read about what I've said or haven't said has likely been fabricated. I've never had any trouble sharing my thoughts or ideas on anything, and I choose to keep my thoughts to myself in most cases. I'd like to share some of my actual thoughts to clipper nation and all of my fans. It's a difficult time for a lot of people due to certain expectations that have been placed on them. Therefore, it's understandable that there is pressure to plant stories or point the finger for what many would classify as a disappointing end to our season."

Westbrook added, “I for one enjoyed my year, and worked hard to bring the energy, and provide a spark for our team with each opportunity I was given. I felt that I was and remain more than willing to take on new roles, and make certain sacrifices in hope that it would make our team better. I hoped for a different outcome, but I also enjoyed being in the trenches with my teammates this year who have all been supportive of me throughout the season. I hope to come back better, stronger, and remain eager to take on any role that continues to put us in the best position to win next season!"

Westbrook has a player option for next season that he can pick up if he wants to return to the Clippers for one more year, or he could opt out and become a free agent.”

11. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

which is it?

also noticed that he was careful to say "certain sacrifices" and that he didn't say he was picking up his option.

anyway, the issue really isn't whether he was happy with his role but the fact that his team may not have been happy with him having any role come playoff time.

funny thing is that once he took the role we wanted him to take (20mpg off the bench as a spark plug, nailed to it at important times), he recovered to being a plus player. can't stress enough that this was NOT about the lakers being an inferior organization but about him swallowing his pride and accepting his role.

i'm glad he's happy with his role now (i think that's what he's saying, though again, he's phrasing it carefully). this doesn't really affect the story about his time with us, though, where had he been happy, he would have been treated with more respect from fans.

SamsonMiodek, TIME and Cookie like this.
  12. Cookie

Cookie The Dame of Doom Staff Member

I look for some Clipper doom later today LT.

SamsonMiodek, Kenzo, abeer3 and 3 others like this.
  13. LTLakerFan

Wooooooo!!! :rofl:

:Hungryfordoom:

Cookie and SamsonMiodek like this.
  14. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater

:Laugh: Losin’ Time should have been the title

15. LTLakerFan

OMG I started watching and thought it was just a high tech AI spoof of the Clippers by someone that had a lot of time and skills with the technology and hates the franchise. Didn't realize it's an actual coming series. Cannot imagine that heading into his supposed to be glorious next season in that glorious new toilet palace that Ballmer is not absolutely out of his mind hating this. Unless he's portrayed as the Guy who "saved" the franchise in the end. I took on additional monthly streaming costs for Winning Time but won't be doing that with Hulu for this, though it looks really funny.

16. Juronimo

Juronimo - Lakers Starter -

plays with one's and zero's
    I predict this will be a "flop".

17. LTLakerFan

18. FrontOfJersey22

FrontOfJersey22 - Lakers All Star -

I love it!
    Flippers can’t ever get away from looking terrible.
    I will be watching just because Ed O”Neal is excellent and for the mocking laughs.

KareemtheGreat33 and LTLakerFan like this.
  19. KuzmoBall17

KuzmoBall17 - Lakers Starter -

Al Bundy will win the Oscar :Laugh:
    But what did we miss ? When Clippers played in finals
    The downfall of Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling, amid the team's drive to win a championship under coach Doc Rivers.

KareemtheGreat33 likes this.
  20. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Losing staff to the Bulls when you have an infinite bank account isn't great

Cookie and abeer3 like this.